The system can credit rental income to the owner accounts based on the disbursement rule applied to each reservation source. This efficient method provides a more automated solution to owner accounting. In the below table, please set the disbursement rule for each reservation source. The reservation will only be available to trigger to the owner account via the Credit Rental Income screen once it meets the exact parameters of the disbursement rule.
To access this screen, go to:
- Global Settings > Settings Assistant
- Navigate to 'Disbursement Rules' from the left menu
There is no need to individually credit the owners account for each reservation for each property one by one. These are the disbursement rules to choose from:
- Arrival date has passed, regardless of payment amount received
- Departure date has passed, regardless of payment amount received
- Arrival date has passed and payments received >= Booking Total
- Departure date has passed and payments received >= Booking Total
- Pro-rate owner amount based on date period (If full payment received)
- Pro-rate owner amount based on date period, regardless of payment received
For example, the property manager may choose to disburse the rental income only once the guest has departed and paid in full. Therefore, would select the "Departure Date has passed and payments received" rule. The reservation will ONLY trigger to the credit rental income screen if it meets this rule.
For long term reservations, the property manager may choose to pro-rate the rental amount so it can be divided by the number of nights in each month based on the duration of the booking.
To apply the rule, click into each field under the 'Disbursement Rule' column and specify the rule against each reservation source. Be sure to click the 'save' icon.
To apply the same rule to each reservation source, click "Bulk Apply" and specify the rule from the dropdown menu:
If new reservation sources are added in the future, be sure to revisit this page to specify the rule.