We are excited to announce our new integration with RemoteLock! This integration allows you to automate guest access by providing keyless door codes all through CiiRUS.
With our integration to RemoteLock, you can:
- Connect your smart locks to your units in CiiRUS.
- Generate codes for each reservation.
- Send codes to guests via email or text messages
The integration is a great way to improve the guest experience and make it easier for you to manage your units and entry codes.
The integration with RemoteLock is only available to CiiRUS users who already have an account with RemoteLock. If you're interested in using RemoteLock but don't have an account, please contact us via the Help Center so we can introduce you to a RemoteLock representative.
To access the RemoteLock module, in CiiRUS go to:
- Marketplace > RemoteLock
To complete the configuration and start generating door codes for your reservations, follow these three simple steps:
- Purchase your locks and set them up in your RemoteLock account. Make sure that the locks you purchase are compatible with RemoteLock.
- Connect CiiRUS to your RemoteLock account. Do this once to authenticate your account and allow CiiRUS access to your RemoteLock account.
- Assign locks to units in CiiRUS. This is necessary for any units that will be using RemoteLock.
Once you have completed these three steps, you will be able to generate door codes for your reservations.
Step One: Setting up locks in RemoteLock
Once you have purchased your locks, you need to register them as devices in your RemoteLock account.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the Devices tab in your RemoteLock account.
- Click on the "Register Device" button.
- Follow the steps within RemoteLock to finish the setup.
Once you have registered your lock as a device, you can follow the instructions in the RemoteLock documentation to set it up. If you need additional help with this, please contact your point of contact at RemoteLock.
You can see all of the locks that you have set up by going to the Devices tab in your RemoteLock account:
Step Two: Connecting CiiRUS to RemoteLock for the first time
When you first access the RemoteLock module in CiiRUS, you will need to connect to your RemoteLock account.
To do so, select the button, "Yes, Connect to RemoteLock."
A new tab will open within your browser where you'll enter your username and password for RemoteLock:
You'll need to allow RemoteLock to access your CiiRUS system by clicking on the "Authorize" button:
A successful message will appear and you can close out of this tab and return to CiiRUS. Be sure to refresh the page - you should see your listings appear in the grid. This is where you'll be able to connect the locks to your units.
Step Three: Assigning locks to units
Now you're ready to assign the locks to the applicable units in CiiRUS.
From the grid, you can see the unit ID and name, and you can use the search tool to quickly locate a unit.
To assign a lock, simply click on the field that says "Please Select One" from the "Select Lock" column. Here, you will see a dropdown with all of the locks that you have set up in RemoteLock. Choose the lock to assign to the unit:
After assigning the lock, for example "Key in Code 1," the system will automatically enable the checkbox within the "Freeze/Unfreeze" column
Once the configuration is complete, you can generate the door codes for each reservation in CiiRUS.
Generating a code for a reservation
A lock code will auto generate for each reservation belonging to a unit with a configured locking device. The lock code will be generated 3 days before arrival. For reservations within 3 days of arrival, the code will be generated immediately, but may take up to 15 minutes to sync and populate within the reservation.
From the grid, select the "View" button to see the reservations for the applicable unit:
This popup displays upcoming arrivals where you can view or remove the code. Remember, the code won't be generated until three days before the arrival date of the reservation. If you need to create the code sooner, simply click the checkbox within the "Generate Lock Code" column.
Please note, only arrivals within the next 21 days are available to assign a lock code to.
If you have a new reservation that was recently added, please allow up to ten minutes for the reservation to appear in this list.
If you need to remove a code, click the box within the "Remove Lock Code" column:
You can also see a list of upcoming arrivals in your RemoteLock dashboard. This list will show the lock codes for each reservation.
Lock code in the Reservation Folio
Once you generate a code for a reservation, it'll populate within the "Lock/Door Code" field in the Reservation Folio within the "Check-in/out tab". This means you can include the code in upcoming arrival emails and messages to the guest.
Moving a reservation with a lock code
You don't need to worry about updating the lock codes if you move a reservation into another unit. The system will handle it for you in the following scenarios:
- Scenario 1: If you move a reservation into another unit that's set up with a lock, the system will keep the same lock code. This means that the guest won't have to do anything different. Your RemoteLock Dashboard will be updated with the new unit's name for your reference.
- Scenario 2: If you move a reservation into another unit that's not set up with a lock, the lock code will be automatically removed from the reservation. In this case, you'll need to update the guest with any information about the new lock or access into the unit.
Deactivate a lock against a unit
If you need to deactivate a lock in CiiRUS, you can follow these steps:
- Remove the lock code from any reservations in the unit by clicking "View" and then remove the code
- Disable the lock from the unit by clicking the checkbox within the "Freeze/Unfreeze" column
We hope you find the new integration to RemoteLock easy to use and helpful. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any feedback or suggestions.