The Maintenance module in CiiRUS manages, organizes, and displays scheduled maintenance for the properties. A maintenance event is referred to as a work order. From the work order table, the status of each work order can be updated, charges can be entered, and reports can be generated. The work order module connects to Task Manager in real-time, so once the work order has been updated by the assigned vendor, the status will reflect in the Maintenance module.
To access the the 'Maintenance' screen, go to:
Work Orders Table
The table displays all of the work orders that have been scheduled for all properties.
Similar to other tables in CiiRUS, a work order can be filtered or grouped within the table.
For example, in the image below, the work order are grouped by Property.
Applying the Filters
Various filters can be applied to show the applicable work orders in the table:
- Date From and Date To - only work orders between this date range will appear
- Show Complete - only work orders that have been updated to "complete" will appear
- Click the "Refresh" button to apply the filters
Once the filters are applied, the work order will appear in the table and will display the following data:
- Subject - brief description of the work order
- Allocated To - the vendor responsible for completing the work order
- Progress - pending, in progress, or complete
- Start Date - this is the date that will reflect on the owner's statement, if applicable
- In Owner Account - once the work order is processed to the owner's account, this checkbox will automatically be enabled
- Owner Charge - the charge to the owner (may include a mark-up)
- MC Cost Price - how much the Property Manager paid to the vendor
- Markup - the difference between what the Property Manager paid, versus how much was charged to the owner
- OA Category - the Owner Account Category that will apply against the transaction on the owner's statement
- Visible to Owner - enable this to show the work order in the owner's portal (they do NOT see the financials, until their statement is final)
- Template - the Task Manager template assigned to the work order
How to Add a New Work Order
To add a new work order for a unit, click the "plus" icon and a new row will appear in the table:
Specify the relevant data in each column to complete the work order details:
- Unit Name
- Assign the contact who will carry-out the work order. (Note, only contacts that have been marked as a vendor will appear)
- Enter a "Subject." For example, "Repair the faucet in the Master Bathroom"
- Apply the "Start Date/Owner Statement Date" that the work order should be carried out. This is also the date it will appear on the owner statement, if applicable.
- Enter the charge to the owner and the amount to the vendor. Once saved, the system will calculate the mark-up.
- Specify the Owner Account Transaction Type such as 'maintenance,' to appear against the transaction on the owner's statement
- Click the "save" icon
How to Edit the Work Order
To edit the work order, enter the charges, or update the status, click on the "Edit" icon in the first column of the table:
A new window will appear to edit the details, update the progress, or enter the charges.
If the vendor specified the details such as the mileage, time taken, or amount, from within the Task Manager, it will automatically reflect with the changes here.
To specify the amount of the work order:
- Enter the Owner Charge - this is the amount charged to the owner including a markup
- Enter the MC Cost Price - this is the amount paid to the vendor
- Markup - the system will automatically calculate the profit or loss due to the Property Manager
- No charge - enable this checkbox if the work order charges do not apply
- Click "Save"
Through the eCiiGN feature, an email can be sent to the owner to require their signature to agree to carryout the work order. This can be especially handy for larger maintenance projects that the owner may need to approve first.
Please click here to read the manual on how to create an eCiiGN email template.
Once the "Owner Approval" email has been created, click on the "three-dot" icon and select "Owner Approval."
Click on "New" and select the email to send to the owner for signature.
View Work Order Report
A standard work order report can be generated that can be exported, saved, emailed, or printed. The report contains all of the details of the work order.
To generate the report, click on the "three"-dot" icon and select "View Work Order."
A new tab will appear in the browser to view the report.
Use the icons above the report to either print, save, or export to any common file type:
Apply the Work Order to the Owner's Account
The work order can be processed directly to the owner's account from the table. For example, if the sink in the master bedroom has been replaced, the charge for this can be passed onto the owner and included on their monthly statement.
Be sure to enter the charges against the work order, especially the "Owner Charge" as this is the amount that will reflect on the statement. Also, keep in mind, the charge for the work order will appear on the "Start Date / Owner Statement Date" that is specified in the table.
The owner does not see the MC Cost Price or markup. They will only see the amount entered in "Owner Charge" as a debit on their monthly statement.
To apply the amount, click on the "three"-dot" icon and select "Apply to Owner Account."
A warning will appear to confirm, "Yes" or "No" prior to sending.
After confirming, a confirmation will appear in green in the bottom right of the screen. The checkbox within the "In Owner Account" column will automatically be flagged for reference that this work order has already been processed to the owner.
How to Track a Work Order
Through the SecureTrack Module, activity or changes that have been made against a work order can be tracked. This allows the Administrator to see all of the activity made by each staff member/user of CiiRUS.
To see the tracking, click on the "three"-dot" icon and select "Track"
How to Delete a Work Order
To delete a work order, simply select the "Trash" icon from the first column of the table:
The following standard reports are available from the Work Order Module:
- Cost Summary - a profit/loss report to calculate the margin for all of the work orders. It is recommended to pull this at the end of each month.
- Summary Grouped by Property - a summary of all work orders grouped by property
- Summary Sorted by Start/Due Date - a summary of all work orders sorted by date
The reports are based on the date-range that has been applied.
To generate a report, click the "Reports" button and specify which report:
The new CiiRUS Task Manager is the most advanced operational toolkit for property managers in the vacation rental industry. A new template system and intuitive mobile application make it easier than ever to manage housekeeping, maintenance, and inspection operations from anywhere.