The Assets Module is a place to store documents and warranties. The asset information can be added to the database and documents (receipts and warranties) can be scanned and uploaded.
For example, if the Property Manager purchases a freezer from a store, scans the receipt or warranty to the account, the warranty scan can be viewed from any location. Scans can also be sent via email.
To Access the Assets screen, go to:
- Account > Day to Day Bookkeeping
Add an Asset
To add a new asset, first select the applicable property from the Property Chooser and then click "Add."
Specify any relevant details of the asset including:
- The invoice number
- The Owner Account Category
- Item Name
- Date of payment
- Warranty information
- Click the "Add" button
Add a Scanned Document
- Click on the Paper Clip icon beside the asset, to open the Upload / Receipt window
- Click Select File and locate the JPG or PDF image file from your computer
- Alternatively, Drag and Drop a JPG or PDF image file directly on to the window
View a scanned document
- Use the scroll bar to locate the Scan Column
- Select the Row containing the scanned document
- Click on the scanned document icon to view the document
Scan Document View
To send the link by email, copy the URL and paste into an email:
Process to Owner Account
To charge the owner for an asset, click the "person" icon to apply it to the owner statement:
Specify the statement date and click "Add."
To make the invoice/scanned document visible to the owner, click "Edit" and then select the checkbox within the "Allow Owner to View Invoice" column:
Additional columns can be added into the table such as the item serial number, if the asset is in the owners account, and the payment method. Click the "Column Chooser" icon:
Drag and drop the desired columns into the table: