Introducing the new reservation folio! The old “total booking summary” has been totally redesigned to deliver maximum efficiency. All critical functionality is centrally located on the collapsible header, and a streamlined tab interface allows a seamless navigation for reservation-specific data.
The reservation folio contains all information for the given reservation and guest.
Some of the key features and actions that can be viewed/updated from the folio are:
- Guest contact details
- Send on-demand emails to the guest or owner
- Reservation status (confirmed, tentative, or canceled)
- Arrival and departure information
- Financials and payments
- Reservation extras
- Operations (housekeeping and inspections)
- Guest list
- Add comments or notes
- Reservation Flags
- View and send rental agreements
How to Access the Reservation Folio
The folio can be opened from various modules or screens of the system, including the Reservations Manager, Reservations Calendar and the Reservations List.
- Select either the Reservations Manager, Reservations Calendar or the Reservations List.
To open the folio, either double-click on the reservation, select the "ellipsis" icon, or right-click to open the short-cut menu and then select "Reservation Folio."
The header displays the crucial information of the reservation and allows the property manager to make key changes directly from here.
Guest Name and Guest Email
- Select the "i" icon next to the guest name to view the guest profile
- Select the "email" icon next to the guest's email address to send an on-demand email
- Confirmed - the reservation is confirmed and availability is blocked out on the calendar
- Make reservation tentative - this places a temporary hold on the calendar; the reservation must be confirmed by the expiration date otherwise the reservation converts into a quote
- Cancel reservation - please note, once a reservation is canceled, it cannot be undone
Arrival and Departure Dates & Check-in Time
- Select the "calendar" icon to update the arrival or the departure date
- Select the "clock" icon to modify the check-in/out times
- Enable the checkbox to specify an early check-in/check-out time. This will update on reports and the housekeeping schedule. To charge the guest an additional fee for this, be sure to add a reservation extra.
- The lifecycle is a nice visual to see each milestone within the reservation. Each item will automatically update once completed. For example, after adding the first payment, this milestone will turn green.
Please note, the "Arrival information revealed" milestone is populated once the reservation is paid in full and it's the day of arrival or later. Currently, this milestone is not tied into the CRM or email messaging, so the system will not update the milestone based on the arrival email being sent.
Reservation Actions can be accessed anywhere from the folio to quickly perform an action. The following actions can be taken:
Financials Tab Overview
From the financials tab, the following data can be viewed or updated:
- Reservation Rates
- Reservation Extras
- Payments Collected
- Balances Due
- PMC Commission & Owner Amounts
To maximize a table to see it full width, click the "expansion arrow" icon:
Financials - Reservation Rates
Pricing against the reservation can be added or updated within the rates table. The rates tab will display the taxes that have been automatically applied to the reservation, the amounts for each item, including the base rental amount, cleaning fee, booking fee and pool heating, plus any extras or mandatory extras that have been applied. At the bottom it will display the totals excluding tax, separate tax amounts and the grand total including taxes.
To update an amount, simply click into the field and type in the amount:
After updating the price, the tax will automatically readjust.
Alternatively, the grand total of the reservation can be overridden. This is useful if the price has been negotiated with the guest, simply enter the total amount with tax.
To do so, click on "Reservation Actions," and select "Set reservation total."
Financials - Reservation Extras
The Reservation Extras table displays all extras that have been added for the reservation. This can include mandatory or optional extras, plus discount codes. For more information on reservation extras, please click here.
To add a new extra, click the "plus" icon:
Select the applicable extra from the drop-down menu:
To edit or change the price of an extra, click the "edit" icon or click the "trash" icon to delete an extra:
Financials - Payments Collected
The payments table displays any payments that have been processed for the reservation. When a reservation is placed online on any channels where the property manager is the merchant of record such as Vrbo or the website, the payment will automatically process and apply against the reservation in this table.
The table displays any payments that have been processed. This includes credit card payments or check/cash payments that have been applied.
From the table, see the following:
- Date payment was processed
- If payment was reconciled
- Payment Type
- Payment Method
- Card Type
Add a Payment
There are times where payment will have to be applied to the reservation manually, such as cash or check payments, Airbnb or other agent payouts where they have collected payment from the guest, or past/imported reservations where payment has already been taken.
To add a payment, click on the "plus" icon from above the table:
A new row will appear in the table. Specify the relevant information and click the "save" icon:
Financials - Take Payments
This section displays the total amount of the reservation, what has been paid to date, the remaining balance and the amount due based off of the balance due settings.
The balance due date will automatically populate based on the balance due and payment settings against the unit. The balance due date can be changed by selecting the date from the calendar datepicker.
If a valid credit card is on file for the guest, the system can automatically process the remaining balance of the reservation. Please click here to read the manual on how to auto-process payments. To override the default auto balance collection setting, enable the checkbox:
- Create Payment Link - specify the payment type (rental payment or security deposit) and enter the amount that the guest must pay. Click "Copy" and paste the link in an external email to the guest. Or click "View in Browser" to preview the payment page. The payment link is SSL encrypted and is a safe method for the guest to provide their payment details. Once payment is submitted from the link, the payment will come through as pending and will need to physically be processed. Click here to read the full manual on credit card processing.
- Take Payment - If a valid credit card is already on file for the guest, click "Take Payment" to process payment from the card. An approved or declined message will appear and the payment will apply to the reservation and show within the Payments Collected table.
- View Payment Methods - View/add a credit card to save against the guest file
PMC Commissions & Owner Amounts
This table displays a breakdown of what the guest has paid, the amount retained by the property manager (PMC) and what the owner receives for the reservation. To export or save the PMC & Owner Amounts, click on "Report" -
The commission is a global or unit setting. When a reservation is added, the commission is automatically calculated based on the commission applied in the system or against the unit.
The commission can be be a percentage of the base rental rate or a fixed amount. It can be updated on a per reservation basis. To update the commission, select either percentage or fixed amount and type the amount or percentage in the field:
Pool Heat and Clean Fee to PMC:
Both the pool heat and the cleaning fee can either be retained by the owner or the property manager. If the PMC retains these fees, the amount to PMC will display in these fields. If the owner retains the fee, it will show "0.00" due to the PMC:
To check a guest in/out, simply click the button "Check-in," or "Check-out." This will flag the guest as being checked-in/out and update the milestones on the Reservation Lifecycle.
From this tab, the following actions can also be performed:
- Enter Original Reservation ID or reference number - this is handy for imported reservations
- Enter Lock/Door Code to appear on arrival instructions (this overrides the code in the Listing Assistant)
- 'Allow guest to see arrival details and access instructions in GuestPass?' - disable this setting to prevent the arrival information populating in the Guest Portal.
- Specify Reservation Arrival/Departure info such as flight information, the guests arrival time, etc.
The snapshot displays the basic reservation information, unit information, and arrival details. This is great for the reservation team to quickly pull up information if the guest has a question about the unit that they have booked. Arrival Information or special notes can be added here to send to the guest. Simply type anywhere in this space to add additional details.
Click "Copy to Clipboard" to copy the information here and paste it into an external email.
From the Operations tab, housekeeping and inspections can be viewed or edited for the reservation.
The Housekeeping table displays all cleans that are scheduled for the reservation. By default, an end-of-stay departure clean is automatically scheduled for new reservations. Additional cleans such as a mid-stay clean can be added by selecting the "plus" icon:
Keep in mind, to charge the guest for an additional clean, be sure to add it as an extra fro the financials tab. Adding an additional clean, does NOT automatically charge the guest for it.
Clean frequency - to change the clean frequency for the selected reservation, click on the clean frequency that applies and then click “Reset” to apply the new cleans. For example, if the guest would like a clean each day of their stay, select "Daily."
Please note, if the inspections table is not visible, please contact CiiRUS Support to enable the Inspections module for your account.
Just as the Housekeeping Module automatically schedules and assigns cleans to a reservation, the Inspections Module also auto assigns an inspection to each reservation, or Blackout Date, at the time of booking. The Inspections table can also be used to manually schedule ad-hoc inspections, such as a pre-arrival or mid-stay inspection. To add a new Inspection to the booking, select the “Plus” icon, select the inspection date, type and Inspector, and click on the save icon. For more information on the Inspection Module, please click here to read the full manual.
To track the guests that are staying, add guests to the table. The number of adults and children will automatically calculate as guests are added. To add a new guest, click "Add Guests" and specify how many adults and children are staying:
If the guest books on the website, they can enter their guest list directly on the booking page will reflect in the folio.
There are two types of comments that can be stored against the reservation.
“Private comments” are for internal purposes only and are only stored in the reservation, whereas “General Comments” will appear on various reports such as the arrival and departure reports.
To add either a private or general comment, click the “Add” button, enter the comments, and click “Process”. The system will date and time stamp when the comment was added and show the SecureTrack user that added it.
The scratch pad can be used to enter free-format notes related to the reservation. The notes only appear in this tab. Using the Calendar Sync Module or Love Rentals users, these notes can be viewed and edited by the Supplier and the Agent if applicable.
Reservation Flags can be assigned to a reservation to indicate it may have a special requirement. For example, a “VIP Guest” or “Guest Anniversary”. First, the flags must be created in the Software Settings Assistant > Reservation Flags.
All the created flags will be listed in the table. To assign a flag to the booking, check the box in line with the flag:
Comments can be added to the flag that will be specific to that reservation, for example: “VIP Guest, deliver complimentary welcome basket.” To view checked Flags,click on “Show Checked Only” and now the list will only show flags that apply to this reservation.
From the Files tab, eCiiGN Rental Agreements can be sent to the guest or external files can be uploaded to save against the reservation.
To send a Rental Agreement to the guest, click on the “New Document” button:
From the window, specify the following:
- Rental agreement template
- Expiration date (if the document is not signed by this date, a new document will need to be sent)
- Email Recipients
- Email Subject
- Email Message to send along with the agreement
- Click "Add"
Once the document is signed, it can be viewed from the ECiiGN Documents table here. For more information on Rental Agreements, please click here to read the full manual.
Images or files can be uploaded to the reservation for internal records. Any files that are uploaded will be stored against the reservation. Please keep in mind, uploads are only visible against the reservation and are for internal purposes only.
To upload a file, click “Upload File” and either drag a file into the window or click “Select file” and locate the applicable file or image. Click the “arrow” icon to begin the upload or the “X” icon to cancel.
The table will display the date of the upload. To add comments, click the “edit” icon, enter the comment, and then click “save”. Click the “trash” icon to delete the upload. To view the file, click the “view upload” icon, which will open the file or image in a new tab.
Please sign in to leave a comment.